Superior - Intermediate Oboe Reed
Oboe reeds at Reed Pros are hand made with loving care from start to finish. Our oboe reeds are not like the reeds you find at your local music store. Those are mass produced with inferior scraping techniques resulting in a squawky, nasal tone. I make and sell reeds to you that I would play on. If I don't like it, I don't send it out. Reeds are play tested before leaving our shop to insure the proper strength and performance.
The Superior oboe reed series are handmade by me, start to finish. I select the finest tube cane
gouge and shape it in house. Each
reed is tied on as a blank (without profiling) and then the detailed scraping process begins. Each Superior
reed is worked on over
a period of three days to allow the cane to settle and stabilize. The Superior reeds have a rich, dark sound.
Why you should buy Reed Pros reeds? Please see our FAQ page
- The tip of this reed is more refined than that of the beginner reed. By this time the student has become more aware of the dangers chipping the reed tip.
- We use 47mm brass staples.
- **The reed thread comes in a variety of colors and may not be the color shown in the picture.**
- They play easily for more advanced chops in order to get out a Low B up to a High D.
- These reeds come in Medium.
- This is usually the strength needed for a second to third year player.
WARNING! WAIT TIMEETA for Delivery
Have questions regarding the reeds?
Please email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
before placing an order.